Salt of the Earth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jasontg99

jasontg99

A while back I contacted Chuck (dalecamino) and asked him to make me a pen similar to his Pelikan reproduction. He graciously said yes. I supplied the materials and made sure to send extra "just in case". Little did I know he was going to make me a second pen! Chuck's kindness has truly amazed me. All I can say is "Thank you, Sir". I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A while back I contacted Chuck (dalecamino) and asked him to make me a pen similar to his Pelikan reproduction. He graciously said yes. I supplied the materials and made sure to send extra "just in case". Little did I know he was going to make me a second pen! Chuck's kindness has truly amazed me. All I can say is "Thank you, Sir". I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Jason
Thank you Jason. It was an honor to make these pens for you, and flattering that you would ask me to. More over, it was gratifying to know that, at least one other pen maker had an interest in this style of pen. I hope it serves you well.:wink: Sorry for the delay.:redface::biggrin:

They don't make them any better than Chuck. He's a great guy. He makes some pretty nice pens too!
Thanks for the kind words Derek. Right back at ya friend.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:Do we need to get you a bigger hat yet? Nice work Chuck guess we can say we knew you when....:eek::biggrin::biggrin:

IPD_Mr

Folks are startin to catch on to what we had known for quite some time.

Jason you had a good eye and picked the right person. Chuck, what more can I say that hasn't already been said. Oh yeah thats right - Smart move relocating close to Mike & Mike. Those lessons seem to have paid off. :tongue:

jasontg99

Bummer, I thought I was going to get to see the clicker in person one of these days.

Mike

Mike,

Maybe Fred (PTownSubbie) and I can make it down there sometime. I would love to meet all of you guys!

Jason

Okay, but only if you bring the clicker with you:biggrin:

Mike

HAHA. You got it Mike. BUT...I will have to buy a metal lathe so you can install a DRO on the tailstock!!! :biggrin: I have heard you are a pro at that. :eek:

bluwolf

HAHA. You got it Mike. BUT...I will have to buy a metal lathe so you can install a DRO on the tailstock!!! :biggrin: I have heard you are a pro at that. :eek:

Well, it's not a prerequisite, but if it gives you an excuse to buy one, by all means, do it. It will give me something to do. Or maybe we'll get Chuck to do it. He knows how now. Although he still needs me for the tooling changes.:biggrin:

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bummer, I thought I was going to get to see the clicker in person one of these days.

Mike
I still have 3 clickers left.:biggrin:

Well, it's not a prerequisite, but if it gives you an excuse to buy one, by all means, do it. It will give me something to do. Or maybe we'll get Chuck to do it. He knows how now. Although he still needs me for the tooling changes.:biggrin:

Mike
Not a problem:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Folks are startin to catch on to what we had known for quite some time.

Jason you had a good eye and picked the right person. Chuck, what more can I say that hasn't already been said. Oh yeah thats right - Smart move relocating close to Mike & Mike. Those lessons seem to have paid off. :tongue:
Thank you Mike. I agree, I have been quite fortunate to have Mike & Mike to help, and guide me along. But, I was extremely fortunate to have you & Mrs. present me with the challenge of making these two pens (so far) well....actually three pens :biggrin: I'll always be grateful for that. :wink: And, to Jason for asking me to make one for him.

Last edited:

bluwolf

You guys crack me up. :biggrin: I have said it a few times before, I really wish I lived closer to all of you.

Jason

Why? I told you, when we get together, we mostly insult each other and give each other a hard time. But if you come down we'll make you feel right at home and do the same to you if you like.

Which reminds me, Mike, Chuck, I don't think we gave Fred enough crap when he was here. We need to work on that if he comes down again.

I know, we'll practice on Marshall when he gets back. We haven't picked on him in a long time. Of course that's because he hasn't been around. He's been too busy traveling and stupid stuff like getting an education.

And then there's Cris....

Mike

jasontg99

You guys crack me up. :biggrin: I have said it a few times before, I really wish I lived closer to all of you.

Jason

Why? I told you, when we get together, we mostly insult each other and give each other a hard time. But if you come down we'll make you feel right at home and do the same to you if you like.

Mike

Mike,

I have been in the Navy for 17 years. Insulting each other all day is kind of what we do. :wink:

Jason

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Jason....it is quite an experience. I have no idea why they were nice to Fred. Caught me by surprise. I'm hoping Marshall gets back soon, or Cris finds his way back next time. I need a break :redface: But, at least Trooper likes me after lunch....when he gets a bite of my sandwich.:biggrin::tongue:

bluwolf

Jason....it is quite an experience. I have no idea why they were nice to Fred. Caught me by surprise. I'm hoping Marshall gets back soon, or Cris finds his way back next time. I need a break :redface: But, at least Trooper likes me after lunch....when he gets a bite of my sandwich.:biggrin::tongue:

Trooper likes you all the time. He just likes you BETTER at lunch time. Chuck really does save him a bite of his sandwich every time we get together.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Trooper likes you all the time. He just likes you BETTER at lunch time. Chuck really does save him a bite of his sandwich every time we get together.

Mike
I'm REALLY glad he likes me at all.:biggrin:

these are absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for the compliment.

Very nice work.
Thanks!

Top Bottom