Sailor Jerry LeRoi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Made a second pen today using my new found decal techniques.This time I used curly maple instead of oak and like the coloring on the decal much better.The hardware kit is a LeRoi in Gold/Gunmetal.
IMG_0238edit.jpg

IMG_0228edit.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

Very clever. Love the Sailor Jerry theme. Just got some ink for my printer, so I gotta give it a shot. What are some quick tips for the beginner on pens with water slide decals? Also let us know how the white decals paper works out for ya. Thanks in advance.

Dave

alinc100

So what is your new found decal technique?, I always have a hard time with those.

It is a new skill/ techinique for me as I just acquired a color laser printer and the decal paper.
I have not had any difficulty with the decals yet.I apply CA to the pens,about 5 coats.Then I sand with micromesh and then apply the decal.After a few hours/overnight of drying I apply more CA and bury the decal.Polished with Novus 2 and buffed.

alinc100

Maybe I need to get a new printer, or possibly new ink, but my printer doesn't print on decal paper this bold.

Grant,
I got tired of dry ink,clogged tips,cost,etc with inkjet printers so I upgraded to a color laser printer.I have a used B/W laser printer from CL that I print emails,etc and love the fact that it doesn't dry out,no errors with cartridges installed,etc. I fount Staples had a Brother Color Laser printer (refurbished) for $199,it also had a $50 rebate to buy refurbished,then in store was $50 to trade in an old printer,bye-bye inkjet!!So my net cost to start color decal printing was $106 for the printer,$16 for 10 sheets of clear decal paper.

I use an older PrintShop program to assist in the decals/clip art.Probably not the best but it is basic and comfortable for me to use.Someday I will try and get better with Photoshop.

I think some of the boldness/color washing is based on the background wood choice.Here is a poor picture but the same Sailor Jerry label on an Oak blank.
IMG_0186edit.jpg

IMG_0185edit.jpg

Top Bottom