Saguaro Rib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbanen

sbanen

Being from the land of the Saguaro, I thought I should try out these great Cactus blanks from Exotic Blanks. The effect is stunning. I suggest a CA finish.

Attachments

• P1030206.jpg
    P1030206.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 628
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Very well done! Forgive my ignorance, but i have never heard Cholla called Saguaro, can you school us on the where that name originates?! Thanks!

sbanen

OOOOOOOPS

You are correct! It is Cholla!
Saguaros are the cactus that get very tall and have large arms. The ribs of the Saguaro are very similar, but larger. Thanks for slapping me.

seamus7227

You are correct! It is Cholla!
Saguaros are the cactus that get very tall and have large arms. The ribs of the Saguaro are very similar, but larger. Thanks for slapping me.

Oh yeah, thats right, until you said that, i was trying to figure out how to pronounce it and also what it was. I remember my F.I.L. schooling me on that last year when i was out in Tucson. The skeletal remains of that Cactus is huge compared to the cholla!

Gilrock

Nice job. You know I'm in Tucson and since seeing these type of blanks I'm always on the lookout for cholla skeletons when I'm out hiking. The problem is most of the skeletons always look too big in diameter to be good for a pen.

Sataro

Great looking pen...I think I need to order some of those blanks... What did you fill it with?

sbanen

Didn't fill it with anything. Just put a CA finish on it. Because part of the blank is plastic and part is wood, it seemed like the best option.

Top Bottom