Sadona Fountain Pen in Honduran Rosewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is the first Sadona kit I have made, It is a closed end done in Honduran Rosewood and Sterling silver hardware.
I think the pen turned out pretty good (tell me what you think) but the threads on the cap are poo poo, it is like threading into gum. Maybe it is just me, but I dont care for them.

Attachments

• closed sadona 3.jpg
    closed sadona 3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 181
  • closed sedona 1.jpg
    closed sedona 1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 165
  • closed sadona7.JPG
    closed sadona7.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 186
  • closed sadona 6.JPG
    closed sadona 6.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 129
  • closed soadona 2.JPG
    closed soadona 2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 117
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Very nice pen. Took me a second look or so to figure out that the silver object was not part of the pen and just a prop. Then I realized that I had seen the prop before in other postings. Man it's got to be an age thing, forgetfulness that is.

wiset1

I hate looking at pens like this...it just shows how much I still have to learn before knowing how to make art like this. I guess it's just envy, ha ha ha. Love it!

Rangertrek

Nice looking closed end pen. I really like the look of a closed end.
I have done a few for sale, and they sell slowly for me. So my opinion of a nice looking pen differs from my customers.

Nice looking closed end pen. I really like the look of a closed end.
I have done a few for sale, and they sell slowly for me. So my opinion of a nice looking pen differs from my customers.
I have found this to be the case with most of my pen.
I have just started making closed end pens and shavers and I to like the cleaner look much better. I guess time will tell if others do too.

I hate looking at pens like this...it just shows how much I still have to learn before knowing how to make art like this. I guess it's just envy, ha ha ha. Love it!
It is not much harder then a normal pen. All you really need is the proper mandrel and drill the hole the correct depth.

Very nice pen. Took me a second look or so to figure out that the silver object was not part of the pen and just a prop. Then I realized that I had seen the prop before in other postings. Man it's got to be an age thing, forgetfulness that is.
haha someone else on here with real photo talent uses them, they are magnets that cattle farmers use. They put them in there stomachs somehow and from what I have heard, they are supposed to catch metal objects that the cows accidentally eat.
I just happened to find them in a drawer here the other day and thought I would try it.

Top Bottom