Russell's Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from phil

phil

My 4 year old Russell has taken a very BIG intrest in my pens, and has been bugging me to make him one. well i finnally had some free shop time so i turned one out for him. he picked out the blank, kit, and he guided me through the shape he wanted. i think he did pretty good to tell you the truth! He even helped me take the picture. (i held the camera and he pushed the button)

he loves this thing, and has told me litterally like 30 times, "thank you so much for making my pen daddy." and "i really love my pen you made me". The only problem is that my wife keeps having to go behind us and mop up the puddle that i melt into every time.

It isnt exactly the shape i would have chosen, im not a btb guy, but the coves and whatnot arnt really my thing. but he has already sold 2 more for me just by taking it to school and showing his pre-school teacher!

so anyhow, sorry for writing a book about it, but here it is. Green acrylister on a satin gold slim kit. blank i beieve was from woodturningz.

IMG_0187.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Phil that is really cool man! I think the pen looks nice. It just goes to show you, what you like and what others like, can me 2 different things. That is awesome on the 2 sold from seeing this pen. Nicely done!

bitshird

I certainly believe the young man has a great eye for shape and design. Still a bit young to turn, but in a few years get him a lathe and some tools, the boy will be showing us all up.

jskeen

That's great! I went back and looked at the thread I posted when my oldest first got interested and he was 5. He got to help finish his. You know you are getting them started early enough when you make them a pen, then have to remind them not to write on the walls with it :)

Jim Smith

Great pen and a great story. What seems like simple "fun time" with your son will be a meaningful memory for him for the rest of his life.

Thank you for sharing.

Jim Smith

ctubbs

Way to go, Dad. You and he have created a lasting memory on the good side. He designed an awesome pen. You did pretty good following directions, too.
Charles

phil

thanks for all the kind words, i just read him all the responses and he thought that it was pretty cool that you all liked his pen.

and i did have to remind him not to write on the walls with it. LOL gotta love kids! My two year old felt pretty left out that he didnt have a pen too so todayi took the upper barrell of a slimline that the lower blank cracked when i was pressing in the transmition, and just pressed in a nib at the other end of the clip. mini pen without an ink cartridge. perfect! hes been carrying it around all afternoon.

Thanks again for the kind words folks , it means alot! :)

Top Bottom