Ruby swirl bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I saw this stock on Exotic Blanks and had to try it. I bought 2 pieces and this is the first one. I powder coated the tubes black and like how it turned out. I have some candy apple red powder coat that I am going to do the other one in. Should give it a lighter, brighter look, not saying I don't like this one, as it is already sold, but got to try it. Kit is Jr. Statesman fountain in gold with 18k nib from Lou. It looks like there is some haze or fine scratches on the pen in the picture, but I rechecked the pen under my lighted magnifying glass and it is must be my lack of photo skills. All comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• bakelite 003.jpg
    bakelite 003.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 481
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

For those who wanted to see the finial, the pen shipped today, sorry. It was made from alt. ivory and the customer had me laser and colorfill with black his monogram on it. It did come out nice. Thank you all for the kind words.

mrburls

Beautiful pen Gary. I like the black background, different look. I usually use white or shade of red on that bakelite.

Keith "mrburls"

CaptG

Steve, when I bought my two blanks, there were several left. After I turned this one, I jumped back on to the Exotic Blanks site to scarf up at least two more (this is only 5 days after I ordered) and they were all gone. Some one else got the last ones, sigh.

Top Bottom