Ruby Red Schmit Window FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This is the last of my Schmit Ink Window FP mechs that I got from Rich Klienhans. Dark Ruby Red and black pr ( Dawn's :wink:) Donor clip.
I like the colour combo, but not too keen on the shape of the cap.
I'll definately use these colours together again ( Red, black, gold )

Hope you like:biggrin:

Modded cap....pics below a few posts

Attachments

• Schmitt4.jpg
    Schmitt4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Schmitt5.jpg
    Schmitt5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

If you dont like it you can send it my way.LOL I think the cap is perfect. Brings the shape of the body and cap more uniform. Definately looks like it was made for the pen. I really like those colors too. Great work again!

Mark

Very nice looking pen.

Question. Is it possible to make the CB slimmer, or do you need that width for the threads?

lazyguy

Pen looks great except there is something about the proportion of the CB that I am unsure of. Other wise you are correct on that colour combo it creates a sophisticated masculine appearance.

Texatdurango

Color combo is great, overall look is nice but I agree about the cap, it looks like you had a good shape going until you had to turn the barrel down to meet the clip ring diameter. If only you had a fatter clip! :tongue:

Ligget

I agree with the others regarding the shape, doesn`t flow well, is that a zip pull you made into a clip?
Great colour combo and finish though!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yep, the cap sucks. :redface: Unfortunately the nib end is so long that the nib even goes half way into the black cap finial or I'd trim the cb down a bit.

I might be able to blend the start of the cap taper a bit more. Or I might just write it up to experience and go make a nicer one:biggrin:

LOL Mark, a zip pull?:biggrin: Nah, it's a clip from one of those Xpens that was discussed recently.
I was in Grangemouth yesterday and was going to give you a shout but knew you'd be at the club.

Cheers

ldb2000

I think it looks great Skip . I like the overall shape , I've been trying to get away from the straight sided writing clubs that are so popular with the penmakers . Give some style to your pens . It's a shame that those Schmidt filler units have such a long section when you include the ink window that you have to make a disproportionate cap to cover it .
Overall I think it's a great pen .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Don't let anyone say I don't listen to my buddies!!!!:biggrin:

I modded the cap a bit. I could only smoothen out the cap taper a touch. Hardly noticable, but I think it's a little better. Then I added a pr ring to the cb. That pr ring is less than a millimetre thick, but I painted the inside black to give it a bit of depth.

Butch, you are 100% right about the ungainly length the cap is forced to be. I' tried to put the threads on the nib side of the window, but there's not enough meat on the narrow side of the taper on the window.

Thanks again:biggrin:

Oh... my right side light popped so it's a bit dark on that side:frown:

Attachments

• Modded1.jpg
    Modded1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Modded2.jpg
    Modded2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 115

ldb2000

I like the CB mod and I still don't see any problem with the finial cap other then length but there's not much you can do about that . The CB mod makes the cap look better proportioned even though it's still too long .
I have one more of those Schmidt units to work with but I haven't decided what I'm doing with it . Is the blind cap covering a knob or is it the knob?

Phunky_2003

That looks even better than before... dayum your work is outstanding. I thought it looked great before now I dont even know a word worthy of describing it.

Ligget

LOL Mark, a zip pull?:biggrin: Nah, it's a clip from one of those Xpens that was discussed recently.
I was in Grangemouth yesterday and was going to give you a shout but knew you'd be at the club.

Cheers

Next time give me a shout and you can meet me and get a guided tour around the Clubhouse, even get fed with a freshly cooked 2 course meal at 12:30 for only £2.10, that how my weight is going up! :biggrin:

DurocShark

Oh, and I think you did a terrific job dealing with that length! A very handsome pen.

(Sorry, I got distracted because I've been wanting one of those window sections for a while but never seen them for sale...)

Top Bottom