Ruby Red Bulb Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Man I really enjoy making and using these bulb fillers! Here's my 2nd one all finished up. The material is of my own design, cast in Alumilite resin. I learned a lot from making my first one and made some much needed design changes to this one. The most note worthy is where the sac is attached. This time I turned the tenon from the same piece of material. I also had a much easier time modifying the feed to accept the breather tube this time. I didn't ruin any this go around! For those that like the specs here ya go:

Dimensions:

Overall Length: 6 1/8"
Cap: 2 1/2"
Body + Nib: 5 7/8"

Threads:

Cap/Body: 14x.75mm Single Start
Body/Section: 10x1mm
Blind Cap: 12x1mm

Nib & Ink:

#6 Jowo Polished Steel - F

Bulb Filler

DSC04719 (602x700).jpg DSC04721 (516x700).jpg DSC04723 (700x333).jpg DSC04724 (700x415).jpg DSC04726 (679x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Looks great. Do you do this type of work on a metal lathe or wood or perhaps both?

Thanks! Everything was done on my wood lathe. If you have a metal lathe you can certainly do this on it just as easily.

I love this pen! It looks great! I really like the tinted window, Is t also cast out f alumilte?

Thanks! The ink window is also alumilite. I didn't want it crystal clear but more semi opaque to fit in better with the rest of the material.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone!

What a lovely pen! I'd love to see a sketch of the fill mechanism. What are you using for a nib?

Thanks! I'll have to work up something for the sketch, but I can answer about the nib. It's a #6 Jowo steel nib. I did NOT use the Jowo feed though. It's much to flimsy to be used for a bulb filler though. Instead I modified a kit feed which had a lot more meat to it.

Top Bottom