Ruby Crush and Ebonite Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it today. This is another one that I had been slowly working with on and off for a few months. Finally had some time today to finish it. Has a ruby crush resin body and cap made with black ebonite. Has a #6 medium gilded Bock nib. Thanks for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 1.jpg
    Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 2.jpg
    Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 3.jpg
    Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite 3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite.jpg
    Ruby Crush and Black Ebonite.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

Hi Shreenath,

Love that pen. I still have not tried to make my own kitless pen. I really need to learn how to do this. Any suggestions on where it is well explained, from basics upwards?

OZturner

Beautiful Pen Doc.
Outstanding Ruby Crush Blank,
Excellent Profile, Proportions, and Lines
Superb Fit and Finish.
For my taste As the Ruby Crush is so spectacular, I probably would have used it for the Cap, in place of the Black
Ebonite. But I don't know what constraints there may have been for that.
Your choice of using Black with the Ruby is good as these colours work well together.
Brian.

wizard

Hi Shreenath,

Love that pen. I still have not tried to make my own kitless pen. I really need to learn how to do this. Any suggestions on where it is well explained, from basics upwards?

Sean, Sorry it took so long to respond. I would start in the library. There are some great Kitless Penmaking tutorials there by BigShed, Texatdurango, Dalecamino and others. Mike Redburn has a very thorough list of taps and dies you may need.
Shreenath:)

Very nice Doc! good contrasting colors, also doc! what cap thread is on this one.

John, I'm very sorry..missed your question. It's the 14 mm triple lead threads. Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom