RT Euro Double Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Gold 8MM Premium Double Twist Ballpoint with dyed Curly Maple.
Sanded to 12,000 MM, applied 5 coats of Minwax Clear Gloss Polyurethane, sanded from 6000 throught 12,000 MM and polished with liquid Brasso.
As always comments and or suggestions welcome.
Thanks for looking.

goldeuropremiumwithgreemd7.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Beautiful! Nice and clean with a great finish. Not to mention a nice photo. I make a lot of euros, but never made the 8mm kits. Its a must now. thanks for sharing!

jttheclockman

Nice pen and color looks great. I have a question for you if you don't mind. I see you use Brasso on most of your pens. Being this is basically a polish for metals such as brass why do you use it on poly coated pieces??? Is it a protective coating or does it add some gloss??? Or is there some other advantage that is not seen??? Thanks in advance.

By the way how did your gun show go??? Did you sell out on your bullet pens and keychains???

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Without sounding too stupid and that probably has no chance, what is a double twist and how does it differ from a standard twist pen??? Are there extra steps in making one??? Thanks for the replys.

rd_ab_penman

Without sounding too stupid and that probably has no chance, what is a double twist and how does it differ from a standard twist pen??? Are there extra steps in making one??? Thanks for the replys.

John, if you would be so kind as to post a photo of any one of your twist pens then I could explain the difference to you.
I noticed that when you were asked to kindly post a photo of some of your work on one the other forums you disappeared.

Les

MobilMan

John. The double twist is what it says. When the point is retracted, you can turn it either way to extract the point. One of my first pens was the Hart Double Twist from Woodcraft. When you go to their sight, it's easier to type it in the search than looking for it. It'll give you a better idea of what they are. A very easy kit to make. I would kinda compare it to a Cigar but not as bulky. About the same weight as an European. Go ahead and get ya a few...they'll be nice to add to your collection.

MobilMan

That is one heck of a nice lookin pen Les. Somehow the first time around I misses the "dyed curly maple". Don't ask me how, but I did. As nice a glassy shine it has I thought it was acrylic. Then went back and read maple [???] Wow What a finish.

jttheclockman

John, if you would be so kind as to post a photo of any one of your twist pens then I could explain the difference to you.
I noticed that when you were asked to kindly post a photo of some of your work on one the other forums you disappeared.

Les

Les,

Let me address something and I hate to do this here but you brought it up here. If you want a deeper explanation you can email me. The site that you refer to, I was invited to join by one of your members and when I got there I asked a couple questions to break the ice. But was rudly treated and sent a nasty email accusing me of many untruths. I can send you the email if you want to read it. These people did not know me as well as you do not know me, but I do know the person behind the masterplan to discredit me and it just so happens the members of the site you speak of is members on his site so go figure. I do not need to be a member of a site that there is so much anomosity, thank you!!

I come to these sites and it is not only pen sites but other turning sites because this is the direction I want to head. I have been scrollsawing for over 25 years as my hobby and I bought a Jet mini lathe about 2 years ago but unfortunately because of work situation and family issues my shop time is very limited. As far as pictures go I can send you all the pictures you want of my work but you will not see any pen pictures because I have only made a couple slimline pens and these I happened to give away. At the time I did them it just did not feel like something I wanted to pursue but Just over the last two weeks I have been buying some more pen equipment and kits to try some of the things I have seen on this site as well as others. I will be sure to post some when done.

I come to these sites and this one in particular because the people here are kind and couerteous and are willing to share. The one you speak of I will not be going back so have no fear and you can tell the boys. I come here to get inspired. I hope to be able to find more shop time and I know there is no way I can even dream of coming close to the artists here. I have enjoyed looking at your work and admire your talent and hats off to you but if you mind me asking you questions then I will make sure I do not. Not everyone who participates in forums posts photos so why single me out??? Did you ever think that by me asking dumb questions maybe there is someone out there saying boy sure glad he asked because I want to know too but afraid to ask.

I appoligize to everyone for this post and if the moderators wat to remove I do understand but it was a question brought up and directed at me. Just needed to be said. Les, if you want to talk about it more just email me. I am listed. Sorry again.

rd_ab_penman

Les,

Let me address something and I hate to do this here but you brought it up here. If you want a deeper explanation you can email me. The site that you refer to, I was invited to join by one of your members and when I got there I asked a couple questions to break the ice. But was rudly treated and sent a nasty email accusing me of many untruths. I can send you the email if you want to read it. These people did not know me as well as you do not know me, but I do know the person behind the masterplan to discredit me and it just so happens the members of the site you speak of is members on his site so go figure. I do not need to be a member of a site that there is so much anomosity, thank you!!

I come to these sites and it is not only pen sites but other turning sites because this is the direction I want to head. I have been scrollsawing for over 25 years as my hobby and I bought a Jet mini lathe about 2 years ago but unfortunately because of work situation and family issues my shop time is very limited. As far as pictures go I can send you all the pictures you want of my work but you will not see any pen pictures because I have only made a couple slimline pens and these I happened to give away. At the time I did them it just did not feel like something I wanted to pursue but Just over the last two weeks I have been buying some more pen equipment and kits to try some of the things I have seen on this site as well as others. I will be sure to post some when done.

I come to these sites and this one in particular because the people here are kind and couerteous and are willing to share. The one you speak of I will not be going back so have no fear and you can tell the boys. I come here to get inspired. I hope to be able to find more shop time and I know there is no way I can even dream of coming close to the artists here. I have enjoyed looking at your work and admire your talent and hats off to you but if you mind me asking you questions then I will make sure I do not. Not everyone who participates in forums posts photos so why single me out??? Did you ever think that by me asking dumb questions maybe there is someone out there saying boy sure glad he asked because I want to know too but afraid to ask.

I appoligize to everyone for this post and if the moderators wat to remove I do understand but it was a question brought up and directed at me. Just needed to be said. Les, if you want to talk about it more just email me. I am listed. Sorry again.

John that is an unfortunate situation.
I certainly do not mind you asking me questions, not that I have all the answers.
I was not singling you out, I was just curios to see some of your work.
I always say there is no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb answers.

Les

bitshird

Nice pen Less, most double twists scare me a bit, I'm not sure but sometimes they get left just a bit extended, and the result could be costly. But I do like the idea of having a Parker style refill, they last longer which makes customers happy.

Top Bottom