Royal Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marcruby

marcruby

I still have to get my camera work under control. Here is the first of a pair of Jichimu imperials (the other will be a fountain) that are intended to be part of a desk set. The wood is a pleasure to work -- it reminds me of miniature fumed oak.

Marc

Attachments

• JichimuSmall1.jpg
    JichimuSmall1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 262
  • JichimuSmall2.jpg
    JichimuSmall2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Great looking pens. Will you be bringing these to the chapter meeting in two weeks so we can get up close and personel with them?

mrburls

Very nice looking Jichimu pen you got there Marc.
Did you do a CA finish to give the grain some depth?

I've got a pair to turn also and after seeing how beautiful yours turned I may have to think about doing mine sooner than planned. Just can't decide on what pen kit yet.

Keith "mrburls"

marcruby

The blank was turned normally, sanded out to 400 then alternate coats (3) of medium CA and light sanding then mm up o 12k and then polishing cream.

Marc

Very nice looking Jichimu pen you got there Marc.
Did you do a CA finish to give the grain some depth?

I've got a pair to turn also and after seeing how beautiful yours turned I may have to think about doing mine sooner than planned. Just can't decide on what pen kit yet.

Keith "mrburls"

Rarest wood

I so love your work. The Jichimu seems so classy on these pens, you have done them proud I have two emperors to make I was going to make them in Tzu-t'an but now ime having second thoughts. they look great now ide love to see them when you do get the camera work right Respect

Top Bottom