Route 66 Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fireengines

Fireengines

I have been turning for less than a month and have less than a dozen pens under my belt. This is my first pen I've posted.

This is a Route 66 pen made from African Blackwood and Oak. I cut the cap blank in half and inserted a piece of Oak to emulate a sign post on the road. The Route 66 sign came for a set of stickers. Finally, the pen was covered with CA (I have not mastered the application yet).

Attachments

• route66-1.jpg
    route66-1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 319
  • route66-2.jpg
    route66-2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 463
  • route66-4.jpg
    route66-4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 422
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrap

That is one nice pen. Amazing considering you havent been turning long. Keep up the good work!

wizard

Great Pen !!

Larry, That is a beautiful pen !!! Very unique and creative idea ...represents a highway full of history. The sign and post look awesome together and very realistic. LOL...You are acquiring pen making skills at warp speed! Great Job !

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I have been turning for less than a month and have less than a dozen pens under my belt. This is my first pen I've posted.

This is a Route 66 pen made from African Blackwood and Oak. I cut the cap blank in half and inserted a piece of Oak to emulate a sign post on the road. The Route 66 sign came for a set of stickers. Finally, the pen was covered with CA (I have not mastered the application yet).

That is a fantastic pen but I have to disagree with you....:wink: you HAVE actually mastered the CA application already !!!!:biggrin:

Your workmanship in all aspects ot that pen are what would be expected of a very experienced turner / segmenter / finisher !!!:good::good::good:

ironman123

That is a very cool looking pen Larry. Nothing wrong with that CA job that I can see.

Keep up the good work and show us what you make please.

Ray

Fireengines

Than you for the comments. I've really had two great mentors, Wizard and Seamus.

My next "attemmt" is going to be a pen made from wood from the original Pabst Brewing Company skylight in Milwaukee. However it is pine and, as I understand, I will have to take care in turning it. Ideas?

Top Bottom