Rotring Artist Pen - Customised

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

An artist has bought quite a few pens from me, and asked me to make a body and cap for a Rotring section. The colours are his choice! The closest standard thread size I could find was 3/8 x 40tpi. The section is a little tight, so the threads on the section have been chased.
Some pens I quite like seeing the threads through the material, but not on this one so much.
It was still fun to make though!
As always, C&C's welcome.
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

alamocdc

Meeting a customer's request is always important as long as one has the capability, or ingenuity. You showed both, John. My only question would be, did the customer ask for the body to be that long? It looks off balance to me.

Twissy

Meeting a customer's request is always important as long as one has the capability, or ingenuity. You showed both, John. My only question would be, did the customer ask for the body to be that long? It looks off balance to me.

Thanks for the kind words Billy. Yes, he did want it this long. It is more or less the same length as the original. The original is a bit narrower at the end. I suppose the idea is to mimic a paint brush. Initial response from him seeing the pictures is positive :)

Top Bottom