Rosewood burl Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nolan

Nolan

Here is a piece out of my collection of blanks. I had a worm hole to fill, but it came out great. I also turned this between centers and without a mandrel. I have been finishing between center for a long time but this was the first time turningwithout the mandrel. Comments good and bad welcome. BTW eight days till my first photography class. As you can see I really need it.:D

DSCN4108.jpg

DSCN4109.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Nolan, as usual, your wood is amazing. Great looking pen, too! :) Got the boxes, by the way, thanks! I tried your boiling idea, and with a couple water changes, it takes the wax off, but I think it leaches a little bit of color out of the wood but not bad. That's why they make dye and resin! heh :D

Nolan

Originally posted by btboone

Great looking pen. It reminds me of rings for some reason. :)

FLMAO:D Not nearly as high class as some rings I have seen, But man that is some awesome wood thats floating around (if I dare say so[:p])

Hosspen

That is great looking wood and pen! One photography tip that may come out in your class is to try & keep the lens of your camera parallel with the pen so both ends of the pen will be in focus. Your photos are already better than most, It is nice to have close-ups so your fine work shows. Is that a black titanium kit? Thanks for sharing your skill.

GoodTurns

Beautiful pen. You really ought to think about selling some of that wood...I think people might be interested if only they could find a distributor;);););)

Nolan

Originally posted by Hosspen

That is great looking wood and pen! One photography tip that may come out in your class is to try & keep the lens of your camera parallel with the pen so both ends of the pen will be in focus. Your photos are already better than most, It is nice to have close-ups so your fine work shows. Is that a black titanium kit? Thanks for sharing your skill.

Yes its a blk Ti, and I will try moving the camera some in my class. BTW it is tonight not next week ;)

jhs494

Another very nice looking pen Nolan! Wow that is a fabulous looking piece of wood and the finish shows it off very well.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Top Bottom