Rosewood Burl Picifica

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

Rosewood Burl Pacifica

This is a Tapa Pacifica with a piece of Rosewood Burl I got as a freebie from The Burlmeister , Nolan . CA/Teak oil finish :)

1_rosewoodburlpacifica.jpg

As always , comments are welcome

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Very nice pen and pic Butch! Love the blank and you did a great job on the finish!

I'm gonna have to get me a few of these pen kits cause the more I see of them, the more they are growing on me.. LOL I've never done one yet....

Dave

ldb2000

Thanks for all the kind words .
I like the teak oil over just plain BLO it seems to penetrate the hard woods better and don't darken the light woods as much .

ldb2000

Hi Cindy
The teak oil I use is "Watco Teak oil Finish" there is no "Teak oil" in it , it's just a name given to this type of Penetrating oil , mainly because it is used extensively in the boat industry for finishing the Teak on boats which is a very hard dense wood . It is made of mostly linseed oil and various other chemicals which allow it to penetrate and dry in the surface of the wood , not on it . The Pacificas come from Jimmy at www.woodpenpro.com . He has several different styles including the new "Fish" and "Poker" styles . His prices are great and his shipping is fantastic , He is in Hawaii and I get stuff faster from him then I get from PSI who is only a few hundred miles away , go figure .
Hope this helps .

Top Bottom