Rosewood Burl Little Havana FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan_F

Dan_F

Here is my latest, a Rhodium Little Havana in rosewood burl. Highlights were kept at a minimum to show the figure. Anyone else see a face in the cap?

P1010925.jpg

P1010924.jpg

I love the size and feel of the section in this kit, a little fatter, and less concave, which suits me better than the El Grande, Churchill, Gent, or anything else I've tried so far.

This one has a little problem though, The cap unscrewed in my shirt pocket three times in one day at work. Has anyone else doing this kit (from Dayacom) had a similar problem, or is this just an odd one? One remedy that was suggested was to place a small drop of Loctite on the upper section of thread in the cap. Anyone here tried that, and how did it work? Thanks

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Beautiful wood and a very nice job on the pen. I love this things, one of my favorite kits. I have not had problems nor heard of problems with the cap unscrewing itself. I don't know about using Loctite, it might work as long you let it dry thoroughly first.

sbell111

Originally posted by Dan_F

Here is my latest, a Rhodium Little Havana in rosewood burl. Highlights were kept at a minimum to show the figure. Anyone else see a face in the cap?
I see him.
49ac42d6-64b9-4ea8-a368-7a409b595a50.jpg

Nice pen.

Dan_F

Thanks for the comments. The funny thing about this, there was a time at which I was very disappointed in the way the blank was turning out, when I hit the light areas in the lower barrel, but in the end, that's one of my favorite features. In addition to the "face" in the cap that Steve highlighted, the figure in the lower section resembles, well, a figure. With the pen closed, I see a seated man holding his head a la "The Scream" by Munch. With the pen open and posted, perhaps a monk holding his begging bowl. The second arm doesn't show up very well in the pic, but it's there...really it is...anyway that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

And I forgot to credit Jim in Oakville for his instructions on how to assemble so that the cap lines up well in both closed and posted positions. I think he saved me some major frustration, so thanks Jim. The sequence can be found in his post here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36268 This differs from the CSUSA instructions.

Dan

VisExp

I'm not familiar with the Little Havana. Judging by some of the other comments it is a popular kit and comfortable to use. I like the look of it posted but am still undecided on the look when it is capped. Regardless, the blank is beautiful as are the finish and photo.

OKLAHOMAN

Dan thats one of my favorite kits and you did an excellent job, I've got 4 glued up for turning tomorrow. I've had no problems with the cap un screwing but have had a few that lining up the cap to screw on was a slight problem.
Keith, I sell most because of the size when capped, seems women like it for their purse.

Dan_F

Thanks again!

Roy---Mine is difficult to get the cap going to post too. Good to know that the coming unscrewed thing isn't a problem with all of these.

Dan

Top Bottom