Rosewood Burl & Double Dyed BEB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

Clickers, I really love these kits. It gives me the opportunity to showcase some beautiful woods without interuption.

The first one is a Rhoidum clicker made with a nice piece of Rosewood Burl I got from Rodney Rice aka wolfdancer.

The second pen is also Rhodium made with Violet & Teal Double Dyed Box Elder Burl. I added blue Transtint Dye to the blank prior to final sanding for a bit more color. Its a very busy blank, but I kinda like it. Both pens finished with CA/BLO

Attachments

• Rosewood Burl Clicker.jpg
    Rosewood Burl Clicker.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 201
  • Rosewood Burl II.jpg
    Rosewood Burl II.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 182
  • Ashland Double Dyed.jpg
    Ashland Double Dyed.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Ashland Double Dyed II.jpg
    Ashland Double Dyed II.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarrierBob

Very nice pens. I liked the double dyed one. How did you apply the last coat of dye to the blank. Did you turn, and then rub the dye into the blank? Dyed blanks can be real nice, but look alittle washed out after turning. An addition of color at the end may be a real improvement. Thanks for showing your pens.

Jim Smith

Very nice looking pens and I really like that kit. I am also a big fan of these clicker pen kits mainly because they allow you to really show off the wood. I just finished a "Cluster of Clickers" that I was going to photograph and put on SOYP, but I ended up giving them all away as gifts before I got a chance to take the photos.

Jim Smith

igran7

Very nice pens. I liked the double dyed one. How did you apply the last coat of dye to the blank. Did you turn, and then rub the dye into the blank? Dyed blanks can be real nice, but look alittle washed out after turning. An addition of color at the end may be a real improvement. Thanks for showing your pens.

Bob, I turned and sanded the blank then applied the Transtint and re sanded to 600 grit. Then finished as normal with BLO then CA and Micromesh.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and kind words.

GouletPens

That double dyed looks good. I made one of those for my wife and she absolutely loves it (In the CSUSA Zen pen though).

Top Bottom