rosewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

fernhills

Hi,this is a Polaris,the wood is Honduras Rosewood Burl,i slipped some slivers of acylic in on each end because the tube was just a little longer then the wood. Carl

200822735646_Hpim0576.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, good color on that one. Honduran Rosewood is one of my top 5 favorite woods. Just such nice color and solid graining. :) Nice work, although the acrylic bands are not the color I would've chosen, at least with that kit. That's a satin pearl, right? Maybe something a little darker for more contrast, but that's just me. Still a great looking pen overall! :)

fernhills

Yeh! i know what you are talking about,i have dozens of slivers and i put this one next to it,then that one, couldn`t decide,you should have come over and helped me decide, 6 year old grandson was playing with cars all night.
Yes it is called satin.. The Rosewood is some very hard wood,i had to touch up tools more then usual. Carl

Dan_F

That's a nice pen. I am getting to like the Carbera more, a very comfortable pen to use. I've got a few rosewood burl blanks that I'm saving until my pens start turning out more consistent.

Dan

Top Bottom