Rose lucite pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

This pen is made from Black Rose Lucite.
It's 133mm open, 142mm capped, and 178mm long posted.
Section is 11-13mm thick, with 9/16" threads for cap to barrel.

018.JPG

017.JPG

016.JPG

015.JPG

014.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

019.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Your work in this pen is top grade! Viewing this and similar work by others here is pushing me strongly to jump from my comfortable current position (using component sets along with some mods) into the much broadened realm of kitless. I do have a question on the Black Rose Lucite you used. I have used that same material on an Aero pen, and the red/copper coloring is much, much subdued, which is a disappointment. Do you or anyone have suggestions on making the color "pop" a bit more. Is the more intense lighting for photography what brings out the color?

watch_art

Thanks! It was a bit of a pain to turn. Either the lucite itself or my tools were the problem. It felt a lot like that clear acrylic rod I ordered a month or two back and couldn't work with. Not THAT difficult, but still a booger.

I upped the exposure on my camera to get it to show up this well at all. It is a darker color. My wife, in a low lit room, asked if it was brown and black. So... I'm hoping the red/black cumberland ebonite I'll be getting in will have the pop that I'm looking for.

Top Bottom