Root Beer Float Lucite on Elegant Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Root Beer Float Lucite, a complimentary blank from Exotic Blanks, on an Black Titanium/Ti Gold Elegant Sierra. This was my second attempt at this pen. I painted the tubes white on the first one and the swirls became less defined and looked unnatural. I used the remainder of the piece to make this one. I painted the inside of the this blank and the tube a medium to dark brown and it turned out nicer. Since I planned on turning more Lucite, I went ahead and bought a variety of small bottles of different colors of Ceramcote Acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby. It works really well and dries in 15 minutes. When I saw the pictures there looked like there was a scratch on the pen in the second picture but it's a reflection. Hope you like the pen. Anyway, comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc

Attachments

• Root Beer Float Elegant Sierra.jpg
    Root Beer Float Elegant Sierra.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Root Beer Float Elegant Sierra_1.jpg
    Root Beer Float Elegant Sierra_1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I like the pen Doc. I think you did good on your 2nd attempt. Really nice swirls in the blank and the pen turned out good.

PenPal

Doc,

Thats one moody pen I see a face in there straight away.

Colour of the blank is deep,chocolaty, ribbony white, moving, still, soft and creamy all in one.

If it is not Static as in a part dimension Picture I would turn it round and there would be no doubt several pens coming into view, all different. Much like giving a talk there is the one you prepared, the one you gave, and the one you wished you had given.

Me I like to look carefully at a pen, see what I can ,impact, balance between kit and blank, how was it turned, finished, presented for no other reason on the forum it is courteous, you invite me to see your pen I accept your invitation. I have no reservations or preconceptions, nor predudice to overcome.

What I see here is like a painting, many facets, expressions, shapes. Like what I see and commend the pen, thank you for inviting me to be your guest.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom