Root Beer Float

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

This is an Exotic Root Beer Float blank from Exotics. I painted the tube brown. I really like the Executive and wish there were more platings available. I think I will do another and paint the tube white. Y'all tell me what you think about tube colors.

Ben

Attachments

• P1090894.jpg
    P1090894.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 418
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I have never had good luck with white paint. But that brown looks great. Try black and see what happens

It looks good. If you want to do something different with the next one i would paint the tube two tone. 2/3 brown and the rest white with either a wavy line or swirled.

BSea

It's worth a try to paint it white, but I'm with alphageek & hewunch. I've not had much success painting white. Usually it just washes everything out. The one exception I've found is red, where it will brighten it up. Sometimes to the point of making it pink.

What seems to work best for me is dark blue & black, or try & match the darkest color on the blank.

How about brown and off white? I use nail polish stolen from my wife when I need to paint the tubes. There are so many colors available and they dry pretty fast. What type of paint are you using?

Oh and if you never mess with the design that is okay you won't find the design that is great.

PR_Princess

The pen looks great Ben! And I really like the kit that you picked too. Goes very well with the colors in that blank.

Also I agree the others, that the brown makes this blank pop a lot more than the white. But since the dark brown worked so well, take Hans up on his suggestion. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Tom D

Sometimes you have to mix colors. I just turned a Serria and the blank was black and purple PR. I didn't want to use black because I was afraid it would be to dark. I didn't want to go with white because if the color washed out at the ends it would look awfull. I mixed some blue Mixol in white paint, reverse painted the tubes and it blended just right.

I like the glitter and metal flakes in the nail polish too, especially under the colorful PR blanks. It adds depth when the surface is similar in color and glistens.

Top Bottom