Roman Harvest acrylic with pen holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave Turner

Dave Turner

A friend asked if I'd donate a pen for a charity auction, which I was more than happy to do. After reading some posts about auctions, I decided I needed a way to adequately display the pen so I turned a quick beech pen holder. Because the end of the pen is tapered, I drilled a stepped hole using my lathe. The upper part of the hole is the diameter of the larger taper measurement and the bottom 15% of the hole is a tad bigger than the diameter of the smaller taper measurement. That way the pen doesn't flop around when it's in the holder. After drilling the hole, I turned the holder, sanded and finished it, and then parted it off at the bottom.

I included a nice folded stand up card describing the pen (which includes in bold print that the cap unscrews and does not pull off :wink:) as well as a stack of my business cards. I was given assurances that the pen would not "walk off" during the auction. I'll have to see how well it does.

Attachments

• 1179 cap off.jpg
    1179 cap off.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 1179 In Stand.jpg
    1179 In Stand.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 1179 with stand.jpg
    1179 with stand.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 135
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

Very nice. I gave two pens for a charity auction in April and was really surprised. They each sold for $150.00. The one was a $35.00 pen and the other was $80 or $90.00 pen. Yours should do very well. I like your idea of a display. Maybe next year I will copy your idea.

Top Bottom