A Roman Harvest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

I bought some of these kits a couple months ago and got around to turning one today. After gluing in the tubes and getting ready to turn I discovered that I hadn't ordered any bushings so I turned it anyway. The blank is my favorite Tru-Stone, Banded Malachite.
I used my PenPro for the entire job and never touched the blank with sandpaper, just buffed on the Beale wheels after turning.

Attachments

• Roman-Harvest.jpg
    Roman-Harvest.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Roman-Harvest2.jpg
    Roman-Harvest2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Dick, that's a beauty!
I like the Roman Harvest too! Especially now that they have fixed the centerband issue with a longer one.

ctubbs

Who needs them stupid ol' bushings anyway! Great job. It is very apparent that you have attained the skill of using your calipers. Congratulations on a beautiful pen. Now you can save the money you usually spend on bushings and buy more kits. WOW! What a deal!
Charles

crabcreekind

Great work, did u use a 3/4 blank? because i was wondering if i could use my 3/4 trustone blanks on the roman harvest kit and it would still fit.

bitshird

Beautiful pen Dick, I love Malachite Trustone, and I like the way Timberbits had the center coupler redesigned, it looks a lot better. Glad you like your Woodchuck Pen Pro.

Top Bottom