Rolling Along With A Rollster

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

I have a Tiny Giant pen that I carry and use , I really like this style , simple , no mechanism , and postable cap . So I thought I'd give a Rollster a try before moving on to a Jr Gent or something along those lines , pretty much the same style as the Tiny Giant except bigger and a rollerball . I had a few AA blanks from ExoticBlanks and thought I'd try this one , "Gold Dust II"

w9ZOyp4.png

I back painted the blank black , the tube was also painted black , and the epoxy was black also . Here it is on the lathe , almost done polishing

ZsK17B3.png

The pen came out nice , the black back painting and epoxy really darkened the turned blank , but I like it . I have one more of these blanks and think I may try a light color back paint next time , maybe a gold or yellow . Here's the pen all finished .

k9CnEWM.png

2Bi4Qh1.png

XZ546d0.png

h5xROxV.png

tAHiExR.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nicely done !!!!! . The finished pen looks quite different from the starting blank !!

adirondak5

Nicely done !!!!! . The finished pen looks quite different from the starting blank !!

Thanks Mal . Yes , there is quite a difference , I have a paint stick I ran through the blank before I back painted it and really didn't see any difference except with black , but it obviously becomes more translucent as it gets turned down . My wife is already eyeing this one so I may make another with the twin blank I have and try a different color on the back paint & tube

OZturner

Nice Pen, Herb
Glorious blank, I think that Black was the "Right Colour" for it.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
If I had to make a negative comment, it would be "I would like to see the whole pen illuminated in the Photographs. :eek:
I appreciate for a Theatrical Impact, that having an object in part darkness Can Heighten the Impact, but to Critique a Pen, we do need to see it.:wink:
Congratulations,
Brian.

adirondak5

Nice Pen, Herb
Glorious blank, I think that Black was the "Right Colour" for it.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
If I had to make a negative comment, it would be "I would like to see the whole pen illuminated in the Photographs. :eek:
I appreciate for a Theatrical Impact, that having an object in part darkness Can Heighten the Impact, but to Critique a Pen, we do need to see it.:wink:
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thank you Brian . The blank did do well with the black back painting , it took on a very classy look IMO . The pictures were taken in poor light with a smart phone camera , I should have took them in better lighting with my good camera , but I was rushing around as usual . I need to work on my photo skills , or lack of . :)

Top Bottom