Rollers and razor - my version of R&R!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Today happy time!
I know, it's getting old seeing these turnings from me....but I like turning stuff!

Couple of JrGent I rollerballs to fill in some slots of the portfolio....

And just another random photo of these rollers....

Standard between centers turning. Five MM pads and then PlastixPolished. A little disappointed in the photo washing out the chrome plating.....errrr!

Christmas gift(don't worry, the person that is gonna receive this one does look at what I do online, probably doesn't even know this type of forum is in the 'net!

Close-up of the blanks....

Not sure how many of ya'll have done these type kits, but they are so easy....you should! This stand/razor set is the Black Ti, and the blanks used is a Blue Lagoon(3-color poured) PR from the LOML! Turned between centers, and used first five pretty pads, and then Plastix Polished them to a really nice shine(just wish there was a way to 3D this so you could enjoy the depth too)!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I think the pens and the razor look great! The blanks look really sharp! You did a good job turning them all.

SDB777

For something so simple, the shape, you would think....easy-peasy, apple-pleasy, but nope! What a PITA those stupid bumps were! Guess I spend too much time making straight or very slightly curved blanks for pen tubes?

Scott (something to hang on to) B

BSea

For something so simple, the shape, you would think....easy-peasy, apple-pleasy, but nope! What a PITA those stupid bumps were! Guess I spend too much time making straight or very slightly curved blanks for pen tubes?

Scott (something to hang on to) B
I hear ya. I've done a few razors too, and getting the curves all balanced on one piece is hard enough, but to get them the same on two pieces so they match is a little harder than it appears.

Top Bottom