Rollerbob is the man!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John M

John M

In one of my posts a while back, I had said I was low on supplies, and he hooked me up with some stuff. He is good people. I have some that I turned from his stock he sent me. I am going to take apart and refinish when I get some BLO, I have not been successful just using CA. The cigar is Katalox I was told, it was a pretty knarly piece but I got a blank out of it. Not sure what the bronze one is, but it kicks ass. An Ebony slim I believe, and a Dragons breath. I got one of those photo station deals from Harbor Freight. The lights in it are a little week, and I need to rig a light above it to get the full effect. I will be working more on the photos soon.

Attachments

• Kataloxcigar.jpg
    Kataloxcigar.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Rollerbob.jpg
    Rollerbob.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 171
  • Ebonyslim1.jpg
    Ebonyslim1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Dragonsbreath.jpg
    Dragonsbreath.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm not big on he bulging pens , but I do like the Cigar you have here . You've turned your pens as you like them , and that's what matters . Your turning looks good , and I hope the finish works out for you in short time . I think Bob will be pleased . Good work !

akbar24601

I agree with Chuck, but it definitely looks like Bob hooked you up! And it seems that you certainly had some fun along the way. That's what it's all about!

John M

I have a few slims that I turned nice and small, but to me they look to "store bought" unless you use some nice wood. I like to make them look hand made. It is all what people want, a lot of people like the ones with the little bulb at the bottom. I am selling for very small potatoes, just enough to keep me going. I have some higher end pens coming this week, hopefully I cant turn something that will catch a more than a few bucks. I cant thank Bob enough, he has given me some pointers that have helped tremendously.

Rollerbob

John, it matters not to me how you turn your pens as long as you are having fun doing it. Variety is good............that's why we have chocolate and vanilla ice cream! Keep churning!!:wink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom