Roll Tide

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made another Alabama pen for my cousin, and told him to give the last one to his son, who actually graduated from Alabama U. Special thanks to Jonathon Brooks (Brooks803) for formulating these excellent blanks. Hardware is Apprentice Jr. Gent RB.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Looks awesome Chuck! The segments really draw you in. I hope your cousin's son likes it.

I was really hoping to nail the crimson and looking at the blank color next to the decal color I think I got pretty darn close :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Pen looks great !!! Jim S
Thanks Jim.

are those decals?
Yes!

Looks awesome Chuck! The segments really draw you in. I hope your cousin's son likes it.

I was really hoping to nail the crimson and looking at the blank color next to the decal color I think I got pretty darn close :biggrin:
Jonathon, simply put....you nailed it, and I'm amazed. Thanks again!

Chuck,
Great looking pen. I still think you should have given him a Gator jaw pen as a gag. Yup roll tide.......
Thanks Cris! But, I would hate to have a good pen destroyed:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice indeed.
Thanks Mike!

I'm a die hard "Dawg" fan but that Bama pen is awesome.
Thank you. I like the Dawg too. Might have to try out one of those.

That pen looks great! When you say you used decals, how do you get decals that small?

Kirk
Thanks Kirk. When you select your image, it appears on your screen with a frame around it. This frame has square blocks in the corners and in between them. I click on one of those boxes and drag it until I get the size I want. If you go too far, a big INFO box appears over it, telling you it's too small or something like that. Hope I've answered your question.

Kirk Dietrich

Chuck, I misworded my question. That pdf explains alot. I didn't know if you purchased them somewhere or if you made them yourself. If you check out that pdf, is that the technique you use? Do you have experience with different "clear" decal papers? Which is the best to buy?
I've got the image manipulation down pat, its the printing I don't have experience with.
Thanks,
Kirk

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, I misworded my question. That pdf explains alot. I didn't know if you purchased them somewhere or if you made them yourself. If you check out that pdf, is that the technique you use? Do you have experience with different "clear" decal papers? Which is the best to buy?
I've got the image manipulation down pat, its the printing I don't have experience with.
Thanks,
Kirk
Kirk, I don't know what pdf you are referring to. There is clear paper, and white paper. Since there is no white ink for an ink jet paper, you would use white paper if there is white in your image. Clear paper if not. The kits off the shelf, only have pre-loaded images for modeling. But, it shows you how to order the software for creating custom images.

Top Bottom