ROLEX pen, felt the need for one too

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

First I've got to say Gary (Capt. G) did an outstanding job making this blank for me. All the pieces layed out so perfectly. :good::good:to Gary.

I usually don't sweat turning any type of blanks, but this one had me dripping wet :eek: Was only one area really had to watch and that was on the cap were the two hands over lap on the face dail which is the highest point of watch parts. Everything went well (no brake throughs) :biggrin:
Pen turned out beautifully. Once all polished and buffed it's amazing how all those gears look like they're floating in there and are so shiny.

When I first saw Roy's Rolex's I had to PM Gary to see if he was making anymore. Thanks for posting your Rolex's Roy, they are beauties also.

So here are a few photos of my new Rolex.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,812
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,599
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 479
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 771
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Keith, I know what you mean about sweating as you turned it, you did an outstanding job on an outstanding blank. Now go out and sell it for the big $$$$$$$$$$ it deserves.

flyitfast

Keith, thanks for showing me this pen at the meeting tonite. The pictures are great, but seeing the actual pen was a treat. I could still see the "sweat" on the pen!!! You did a great job and whoever ends up with it will have something to show off, especially if they wear a Rolex.
jumping.gif

Gordon

corian king

VERY NICE!!! I really love those pens.I have a couple of watches that was my mom and dads.I would love to find someone that would take the two watches and make it one barrel or a single barrel sierra.If there is enough parts.It really mean alot to me.
Anyway Sir!! Wasn't trying to steal your post Sorry!!
The pen is just stunning and the workmanship is fantastic...
JIM

CaptG

You did good and I knew you would. Great looking pen.

VERY NICE!!! I really love those pens.I have a couple of watches that was my mom and dads.I would love to find someone that would take the two watches and make it one barrel or a single barrel sierra.If there is enough parts.It really mean alot to me.
JIM

Jim, pm sent.

mrburls

JIM

Jim, Gary would do a great job for you. His work is awesome.

Keith "mrburls"

ToddMR

Amazing! That is a top notch pen. One that just looks that it should be high dollar. I am amazed by the talent a lot of you have on here. Very nice.:bananen_smilies046:

Boz

Very nice pen. I have turned a number of Gary's carbon blanks and one geared blank but the pucker factor involved when you are standing at the lathe with a sharp tool in your hand and a watch face blank in front of you I have not gotten over.

workinforwood

Very nice..I like the details in the layout, it's well thought out. I never met anyone better at clear casting than Gary...he's got a meticulous set up, very well thought out to achieve production without sacrificing perfection.

Texatdurango

I went out and looked at the IAP "home page" to see the pen but it's not there yet! Jeff must be out of town or something.

Seeing pens like this is SLOWLY pulling me back into wanting to make a few KIT pens again! :eek::redface:

Best pen I've seen in a long while!

Top Bottom