Rodneys HRB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

This is some of the beautiful Honduras Rosewood Burl that I got from Rodney at R&K Wood Sales, this wood is gorgeous and very solid and easy to work with sharp tools. the kit is a Jr Statesman 22kt and Rhodium from Dawn and Ed at Exotic Blanks, finished with 5 coats thin CA and 3 coats medium CA

Also showing the very last two pieces of Christmas orders a Zebra wood PSI sketch Pencil and one in Osage Orange finished with 6 coats thin CA all were allowed to dry over night before sanding with 600 then MM to 12000

Attachments

• HRB-1-Statesman.jpg
    HRB-1-Statesman.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 196
  • HRB-Statesman-2.jpg
    HRB-Statesman-2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 163
  • HRB-Statesman-3.jpg
    HRB-Statesman-3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Zebra-Sketch.jpg
    Zebra-Sketch.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Osage-Sketch.jpg
    Osage-Sketch.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 150
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

WOW!!! Those are fantastic Looking Pens.
Max, I am in LUST with this Rosewood, I enjoy turning Osage orange, but this wood from wolfdancer is absolutely insane, I love Amboyna, but this will rival some of the best Amboyna I've ever had, I have turned so much Zebra wood, I would rather not, but an order is an order, I showed the Jr Statesman to the person that bought the pencils and their jaw hit the floor, but alas and alack the were on a budget.

Those are great pens Ken, the rosewood is spectacular and my favourite, the pencils are fantastic too!
Thanks Mark, it is almost sensuous turning it, either that or I'm getting aroused too easily, Nah it's the wood, I have a few pieces that look better as blanks, but you know how it goes with Burl, it can change in a few millimeters, I guess I'll find out over the next few days.

bitshird

John Osage Orange pens seem to sell fast for me, around this part of the U.S. the wood is almost legendary, I've had several Bows made from Bodark as they call it here, in Texas it's Bois `De Arch or hedge apple, I want to try some of the Argentinian Osage Orange, it's a different genus, but I've heard it will hold it's orange color longer before starting to turn brown, but so far none of the pens I have that I've finished in CA have turned color much.

Top Bottom