Road Side Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

Found a few small burls on some of the maple I brought home..Thought they may be large enough to get a few pens from..

2007123202832_maple.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

I'm going to be very honest with you....I tend to scan the subjects of the posts to decide if I need to open to help out or to have a look.
I past yours up the last few times I have logged in but decided that I needed to take a look.

That is an absolutely beautiful example of a pen that was created because you stopped in the road! Absolutely beautiful piece of wood and pen! Well done.

toolcrazy

That is one nice pen.

It's fun to find things at the side of the road you can use, especially after a storm. I found some Madrona that I wish I could of go all of it. But I only got a 3' piece. When I went back, the reast was gone. [:(]

BigRob777

Harold,
I love it when you get swirls and eyes together in a pen. Very nice work. It almost seems to light up. I found a dead tree, with dozens of baseball, to football sized burls all over it and I got most of them. Unfortunately, they've sat outside,without any anchorseal on them since the summer. I've been dying to try some of them out.
Rob

splinter99

Thanks again everyone..I have enough of it for one more pen..the rest of the trunk is spalted and will be used for bowls and lamps..hope to post some pics of that when I get time to turn them..

but Im embarking on making my first emporer..a commisioned pen for a co-worker and tonight was suckered in to...I mean asked to make another kitchen table for my ML..complete with bench style seating,
all that on top of two jobs and going for my amature radio license..Im pretty busy...
but its a good kind of tired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom