Rising Sun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's a Jeff Powell creation from Exotic Blanks called Rising Sun. It's on a Titanium Jr. Gentleman Rollerball. This is one of the nicest blanks that I have seen because of the vivid contrast of colors and depth to the blank. I tried my best to bring that out in the pictures and get rid of the dust off the pen. Not sure I did very well :rolleyes:.
However, it was fun to turn. Finished with sandpaper to 600 grit, MM (wet) to 12000 grit, followed by HUT Plastic Polish. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Rising Sun_2.jpg
    Rising Sun_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Rising Sun_1.jpg
    Rising Sun_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Rising Sun.jpg
    Rising Sun.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
WOW that is one of the coolest ones I have seen yet.
Now I know that from space that the earth is blue and space is black but it reminds me of looking at the earth from space I know the cap is suposed to be the center piece but I actually like the other half better. Very nice pen.

workinforwood

Looks amazing Doc! The whole idea to me was to try and capture the sunrise, with the bright sun and colors reflecting off the atmosphere in the morning..Lord knows I get blinded by it enough heading east in the mornings. Definitely one of my favorite creations.

wiset1

YIKES! That pen has some amazing depth to the swirls and your fit and finish on it looks awesome. I know Jeff makes some amazing blanks and you truly never know how it will turn out until someone turns one. This one is out of the park Doc...amazing work

Top Bottom