Ringneck Pheasant with Finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Turned it this A.M. Used a beautiful Ringneck Pheasant blank as well as a finial blank made by John Underhill (JohnU). I won this at one of Birthday Bash Auctions. Placed it on a Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen and upgraded it with a Fine #5 Bock nib. I turned a custom finial (a first for me) only because John provided excellent instructions and practice finial blanks. John did most of the beautiful work! But I had fun turning it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Ringneck Pheasant.jpg
    Ringneck Pheasant.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Ringneck Pheasant_1.jpg
    Ringneck Pheasant_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 257
  • Ringneck Pheasant_2.jpg
    Ringneck Pheasant_2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 289
  • Ringneck Pheasant_3.jpg
    Ringneck Pheasant_3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Ringneck Pheasant_4.jpg
    Ringneck Pheasant_4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 372
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That finial must have been fun....did the feathers want to seperate from the small piece or anything?

Great blank!!! Fit-n-finish look great...thanks for sharing!

Scott

wizard

Beautiful job Doc.

Larry, Thank you! Doc

As usual Doc, very nice work by you and JohnU!~ love the photography as always!

Seamus, Thank you! The real artist behind this creation is John and he does some gorgeous work! Doc

Super nice.

Thanks Craig! Doc

Awesome job

Melissa, Thank you! Doc

That finial must have been fun....did the feathers want to seperate from the small piece or anything?

Great blank!!! Fit-n-finish look great...thanks for sharing!

Scott

Scott, Thanks so much! The finial blank didn't separate and feathers stayed intact. LOL... The hardest part of making this finial was finding it...it went AWOL....across the shop when I parted it off...spent more time looking through the clutter than I did turning the pen and finial. Regards, Doc

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Doc: I think Jeff is going to have to add another button. I was forced to press "LIKE" and I don't like it! I LLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE it. Your pens always look great but this one is exceptional. joe

JohnU

Perfect as always Doc! Fit, finish and photo are top notch and I'm glad the finial worked out for you. I've lost a few in the process myself. Lol. Glad you found it! Lol

wizard

Nicely done, as always!

Thank you Andy! Doc

Doc: I think Jeff is going to have to add another button. I was forced to press "LIKE" and I don't like it! I LLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE it. Your pens always look great but this one is exceptional. joe

Joe, Thanks so much ! Doc

Perfect as always Doc! Fit, finish and photo are top notch and I'm glad the finial worked out for you. I've lost a few in the process myself. Lol. Glad you found it! Lol

John, Your work with these blanks is amazing and thank you!! Could not have happened with you!! Regards, Doc

That's a looker there Doc!

Thanks Bill! Doc

Thats a stunner! The finial really finishes it off. Did John make up the finial blank, or is it one of your own?

Either way, great pen!

Phil, Thanks! John made the finial blank and sent it along with instructions and practice finials that helped a lot...first time I ever turned a finial :). Doc

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Doc, these feather blanks are just plain cool. Put them with some nice looking components, and you have a master piece. It also helps to have a nice finish like yours. :wink:

jskeen

Ok, Doc. I told you a long time ago that the finial bug would bite you. Now you need to keep an eye out for the dreaded Custom trim ring spider!

Great work, worth popping back in to see.

Top Bottom