Ring Neck pheasant feather Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

G'day folks,

This is my first feather blank from Exotic blanks. I think this blank is made by John U, but not too sure. Sorry if that's wrong. I enjoyed making it. I loved it so much I bought a few more. It's hard to get them actually. As soon as it comes on to the website, it goes. I am sure it takes a lot of trouble and time to actually make these blanks. What a fantastic idea.

I am interested to buy more of these blanks. I wonder if anyone knows if it can be done for Majestic pen tubes? Even Amherst feather looks great.

C & C welcome

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Rng neck pheasant feather Sierra.jpg
    Rng neck pheasant feather Sierra.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Rng neck pheasant feather Sierra 1.jpg
    Rng neck pheasant feather Sierra 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for your comments, Sean!!

I want to confirm that our "Fantastic Feathers" are all made by JohnU (John Underhill).

Yes, his blanks come to us about once every month to six weeks and they sell out in less than a day (just over a hundred at a time). His work is spectacular and is "popularly priced".

Again, Sean, thank you for your post!!

Ed & Dawn

robutacion

G'day folks,

This is my first feather blank from Exotic blanks. I think this blank is made by John U, but not too sure. Sorry if that's wrong. I enjoyed making it. I loved it so much I bought a few more. It's hard to get them actually. As soon as it comes on to the website, it goes. I am sure it takes a lot of trouble and time to actually make these blanks. What a fantastic idea.

I am interested to buy more of these blanks. I wonder if anyone knows if it can be done for Majestic pen tubes? Even Amherst feather looks great.

C & C welcome

Cheers,
Sean

Yes, I agree with you Sean, these type blanks are a great idea, and when done right, as these are, they make any kit to look amazing.

There is also another of IAP female members that makes beautiful feathers blanks for all sorts of pen kits, and that is Marla

I haven't heard from her for some time so, you may need to contact her and ask...!

Cheers
George

tgsean

Thanks everyone, the pen was immediately bought by one of the family physicians in Kalgoorlie!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
That is a beautiful pen, I'm going to have to get one of John U blanks. I bagged a ring neck or two in years past so I should have a pen blank.

tgsean

Thanks Dan. I also found out that you can get these blanks from Classic Nib, made by Marla. I bought some yesterday and they do have blanks for Majestic pens, Emperor, Gent etc

JohnU

Looks Great Sean! thank you for the nice words. That is one of my favorite patterns showing off many of the colors of the Ringneck Pheasant. You certainly did a great job bringing it to life and I'm glad it was a quick sale for you. And, Yes, Marla also makes a great looking feather blanks. I've never found a tube I couldn't make a feather blanks out of, some just take a few more feathers than others. Good Luck and thanks for sharing!
John

Top Bottom