A Rinehart Pen with Amboyna Burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

This is the Rinehart Rollerball Pen in Amboyna Burl.This appears to be a new pen kit carried by Woodcraft and named after a man that has been with the company 19 years. Apparently, this individual was instrumental in developing penturning as part of Woodcraft's offerings. I think the kit is neat with the hexagonal top, centerband, and bottom finial in a durable gold plating. I wish I knew how to turn a hexagonal barrel. Probably need a mill... Nevertheless, I had fun making it early this AM. As always, thank you for any feedback and for taking the time to look. Hope everyone has a great week!:) Doc

Attachments

• Rinehart Amboyna1.jpg
    Rinehart Amboyna1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 406
  • Rinehart Amboyna.jpg
    Rinehart Amboyna.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 353
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

That is a fairly new kit. I love the burl and your choice of kit/blank combination looks awesome.

For anyone interested, I believe it uses the same bushings as the navigator.

PenMan1

I really like it , Wiz! The amboyna looks really nice on the "nutty" hardware. Seriously, the Rhineharts are selling well here and I really like that rugged look. You did an excellent job with this one! The finish looks exceptional.

keithware

Looks great. I just saw one in Woodcraft the other, but didn't look to closely at it. I think I will have to give it a go. I have a Pen Wizard, so may try to match the hexagonals on the cap.

wizard

Thank you for the kind feedback.

I have a Pen Wizard, so may try to match the hexagonals on the cap.

I'm envious :wink:. Are Pen Wizards still available for sale? I really would like to be able to do hexagonal or octagonal barrels and I'm not sure what kind of mill I would need. I've looked at the mini and micro mills from from Micromark and from Sherline. Do you have any suggestions? Regards, Doc

Ted Sachs

Not to be the one to bring such an old thread back, but, this pen is being discontinued and I just came up with two blanks that would really go good with this pen. One looks like re-bar and the other one looks like threads. Both are my specialty, thread wrapped blanks. I've got the re-bar one done and was about to do the all-thread blank. I've done a couple of these pens and love them.

I may turn them anyway in hopes of finding a couple of these still floating around. The pic shows the re-bar waiting to be turned.

Attachments

• rebar.jpg
    rebar.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 118

OZturner

Superb Pen, Doc.
Glorious Amboyna Burl, Blank, Expertly Turned, Fitted, and Finished.
Ideally Suited for the Beautiful Rinehart Rollerball Hardware.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom