Rich, step into my office.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This is a Cigar pen made from the spalted oak that Rich is selling. If you guys didn't get any of this stuff, you should. It's easy to turn and takes a finish very well. Thanks Rich! Oh, and is this red oak or white oak? I wasn't sure. If you have any left I'll take 5 more, let me know?
CigarSpltOak.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Dang it, R.T. You've gone and raised the bar again! Beautiful pen. The wood speaks for itself, but your fit and finish are top shelf!

PenWorks

Great looking pen RT. Almost looks like that spalted yellow birch I have.Great job.

As for the green backs, they look just fine in my pocket! Thanks for the offer, LOL

Anthony

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone!

I agree, this wood is some of the nicest I've seen and it's grown right here in the good Ole USA. [:D]

low_48

Wonderful pen R.T. At first I was sure that it was white oak. The wood had a tan color and seemed fairly dense. The confusing part though is the bark is not at all grey colored, and is fairly course. I'll take the camera back with me next time and post a picture. I do have some left, it will be drier this time, most of it is on the furnace duct now. I'm also sending some out for stabilizing. It will curious to see what that looks like when it comes back. If you want to buy some more, drop by PayPal and send the money to my email;
coers@ameritech.net.

Thanks for all the compliments on the wood, that mother nature can do some amazing things. What tickles me the most is that log sat there all fall. I looked at it many times and saw that huge hollow and forgot about it. I think that I waited just the right amount of time for the spalt to take over. Maybe it was my angel (my father passed away in 1985)that watched over me again and nudged me over there to take that first cut. Thanks, Dad!!!!!!!!!

Rich

WoodChucker

Thanks Rich! I've heard from several people that you can take a piece of red oak with one end in a cup of water and blow, you should see tiny bubbles if it's red oak and if it's white oak you won't. They say smoke works also, but don't use the water, just blow through the end grain. I've never tried either method so I don't know how true it is. And with this being spalted it may not work anyway, so I guess your on your own.[:D]

My thanks to you, your Dad and Mother Nature for this beautiful wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom