Rhododendron Root

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I dug up a dead rhododendron from my yard a while back and decided to cut up the root since my chainsaw was already dull. Thought that I would share since I have not seem anyone post a rhododendron pen.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen Cody.
Terrific Blank,
Though you have a Lot to Answer for.
I can hear, the wifes of Pen Turners crying out as Rhododendrons get ripped out of the Pride of Place from their Gardens.
Joking aside, Root Stock can be very interesting, (and expensive on blades).
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Well Done.
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Cody, that is a really sharp looking pen, the blank has nice grain, I think your right I've never seen that kind of wood before. The next time your down my way you could drop some off.

Last edited:

PapaTim

Good looking pen with a nice subtle grain.
My neighbor has a rhododendron and I know when no ones home so can I borrow that dull chainsaw of yours before you sharpen it.?
Just kidding of course.

Rink

Great looking pen. But are we a sick bunch or what? Our standard thought any time we pass by a nice tree, or a weathered barn...or a dead rhododendron...is "Hmmm...I could make a pen outta that"!

Brian Frank

Great looking pen. But are we a sick bunch or what? Our standard thought any time we pass by a nice tree, or a weathered barn...or a dead rhododendron...is "Hmmm...I could make a pen outta that"!

I got a nice laugh out of this. Been turning pens for a few months and my thoughts are just that. " I could make a pen out of that." Is it a sickness? I think the Pen supply companies are the pushers and we are all the users. I need a pen intervention. :)

Nice looking pen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom