Rhodium and Blk Ti, Galaxy Blue Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The pen itself is nothing remarkable, anyone here could make this pen. It's the way it came about that I like. :)

I had a customer contact me and explain how she had purchased a handcrafted pen from a display in a small diner she was at several years ago. This was her "favorite pen". She lost it! :eek::mad: I rounded and photographed lots of blue blanks until she chose one that was closest to her original pen. Galaxy Blue from Exotic Blanks seemed to be the closest match, but still a little dark. Of the photos of pens I sent her it was determined that her prior pen was a Jr. Statesman. I lightened the Galaxy Blue by reverse painting the blank white. I sent her the photo of the completed pen and heard from her yesterday.

"Absolutely Perfect!! Where do I send the $$$?"

Beyond making the sale I got a lot of satisfaction from being able to provide this customer with exactly what she wanted. :biggrin: Hope she tells her friends:rolleyes:.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

You're selling yourself short with statements like "anyone here could make this pen".

Nice idea painting the tube white to lighten the blank. And so another 160bytes added to the knowledge base :)

Glad you got her sorted, must be very satisfying indeed! Havent yet had the pleasure of anyone ordering a pen so I wouldnt know, lol

wizard

Mike, That is a beautiful pen. Made for a feminine hand being non postable.
Like the white underlay to the Galaxy Blue. Looks like it gives it depth. Must be nice to custom make a pen with the resulting satisfaction of an extremely happy customer!! Thank you for sharing. Regards, Doc:)

jaeger

Nice Pen!
Whenever people tell me they will lose the pen, I tell them, You won't lose this one!
I guess they might :eek:

Good job taking care of the customer!!!

Woodlvr

You are showing your excellent talent Mike, and being a great person to deal with. I have not turned a Jr Statesmen since these kits came out, I really like the color combo and the pocket clip. I think that I still have some of the old style Jr's left. Nice work.

Top Bottom