Rhinoplastic El-grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George Watkins

Hello folks

here's a Rhinoplastic blank called golden creamsicle on a chrome el-grande.
unfortunatley the picture doesnt show how deep and flawless these blanks are
P1080573.jpg

P1080574.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

George that's a beautiful blank, I've not heard of Rhinoplastic before, is this something from Great Britain? it certainly does make a beautiful pen.

toddlajoie

Exotics is selling them, along with a few other US companies, not sure where they are originating from tho...

How are they to turn? I thought I read on here where some people were having a hard time turning them. I'd love an impression from someone who's had great results....

hewunch

George that's a beautiful blank, I've not heard of Rhinoplastic before, is this something from Great Britain? it certainly does make a beautiful pen.

It is a new resin blank made by my friend Carl at Woodzone in Columbia, SC.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, we were not really ready to "announce", but since you asked: Rhino Plastic is from the Polyresin family, poured here in the USA!!! Yes, by Karl at WoodZone.

They currently offer over 70 "flavors" which are all available from Exotics, (and others) now.

While they are experiencing some growing pains (as we all do), so we are unable to offer large quantities yet, their colors are impressive and the selection is amazing!! I have turned several of these blanks --they are easy to turn and so far, completely "bubble free".

So, yes, we have the entire line and we are hoping to bring a large selection to the Midwest Pen Gathering, for those who may be headed down there.

I will start an ad thread, where questions can be more appropriately posed and answered.

The "golden creamcicle" is more opaque than some, but you did a GREAT job on it, George---nice shine!!!

bitshird

Ed,
Andrew and I were going to head up to the Midwest, but with gas prices, We going to stick to gatherings closer to da homefront. I was really looking forward to meeting you and Dawn and so many others that I haven't been able to meet in person (and weird them out)

thank you for the replies

I got this blank from Ernie at bear tooth woods, he's had them in stock for several months.

the blanks are very easy to turn and very easy to finish

RMckin5324

:biggrin: I've done 5-6 Rhinoplastics and I love them, I actually find them to be very tough. I'm kinda a Claude...............and drop things, in my defense I wear my pens in a sleeve pocket at work and sometimes they fall when getting them or returning them. The have hit concrete, quarry tiles & other stuff from almost 6 feet and once from about 10 (stairs) and haven't had any issue. My wife dropped one of the Tiger Striped pen while sitting and it cracked right off.

Top Bottom