Reworked 2 pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So my wife sold some pens for me at work. One of the pens was an ultra cigar with a Merlin's Magic PR from exotics. It was a fat pen when I turned it. They lady was not sure if she wanted it with the big bulges as it was ok for her but not the person she was buying for. So I reworked it. I also while I was out there, reworked the art deco pen with another PR blank from exotics. I think they are a big improvement personally. And heck, if it sells a pen, I have no problems. My more recent work has pretty much been b2b. Sorry for the photo quality not being the best on all of these.

BEFORE REWORK
pen71.jpg

AFTER REWORK
merlin.jpg

BEFORE REWORK
pen70.jpg

AFTER REWORK
artdeco.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Todd, The reworked pens and pictures look great! The pens look more streamlined. The finishes are awesome. Good job!

ldb2000

The thinner versions look much better . It's just personal preference but I like a pen that the shape flows along the lines of the kit , I can't give away pens with big bulges around here , so I guess I'm not the only one .

jedgerton

Looks like you put those pens on a diet and exercise plan :) All kidding aside, they look great in their reworked state. I find that most people like the smaller diameter pens as well.

John

PennedDown

Ditto here Butch. This weekend I'm taking apart 3 Sierras and turning the bulges out of them, along with a cigar pen. However, just an hour ago, sold a baron fountain of dyed and flamed brown/black BEB that was pretty chunky for my taste, but the guy just loved it. Ya never know.

Top Bottom