Reverse Painting Revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I recently posted some photos of pens made using the same type of blank, but reverse painted with different colors, showing some dramatic effects.

Here are two more using the same cream lucite blank. The first photo shows turning the blank. The portion on the left is turned almost to finished size; the portion on the right shows how the blank looked before being turned down (the black lines were for keeping the order of the blank). This one was painted with red & black acrylic paint swirled together. It came out much more muted than it looked in the cup.

The next two photos show the finished pen.

The last two photos show the same cream blank, but this was reverse painted with silver Testor enamel, as well as the tube.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• comparison.jpeg
    comparison.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Triton Black & Red.jpeg
    Triton Black & Red.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Triton Black & Red Open.jpeg
    Triton Black & Red Open.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Triton Silver.jpeg
    Triton Silver.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Triton Silver Open.jpeg
    Triton Silver Open.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 309

Sprung

I really like that. And quite the difference that can be made with a simple difference in paint choices! Would you be able to share where you got the blanks from? I think I'd like to get some of these and play around with some color sometime...

elkhorn

Curt, it really is amazing how it changes the look. I never realized it until I tried it. I think the translucence of the blank contributes greatly to the effect.

Matt, thanks. I purchased the blanks from Mrburls here on IAP. I don't know if he has any left, but you can PM him. Good luck.

Top Bottom