Revenge of the Baron dressed in Brooks Vintage USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

So I've been working with some Baron kits recently for a few orders and I got bored with the same look every time. This one shows a few custom options you can do to make your pen stand out with little effort.

Closed end on the pen body. Omitted the 2 extra trim rings from the center band. Replaced the finial cap with material left from the body.

Attachments

• IMG_7815 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7815 (Medium).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_7818 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7818 (Medium).jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_7824 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7824 (Medium).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7826_lzn (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7826_lzn (Medium).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7827 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7827 (Medium).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

I'm sure Jonathon will chime in and can answer that question. He uses both PR and Alumilite and I don't remember which smell it was to say one way or the other.

Dick Mahany

The customization is excellent. I really like the custom cap centerpiece. The center band makes a subtle statement and really separates it from other similar component sets that I have seen.

its_virgil

Leaving those two lose rings off the center band totally changes the look of the baron and Ii do that myself a lot with the baron. Replacing the cap end black disk with matching pen material is another classy look as well as the closed end. I think you hit a home run with this pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Carl Fisher

It really does give a nicer look to what many consider a "budget" kit. Easy to customize and I think it's every bit as versatile as the rest of the Jr. lineup just with ever so slightly smaller tubes.

Brooks803

:eek: Wow that looks amazing!!! Hard to tell it's even a kit pen with all those mods. Very well done my friend!

I'm sure Jonathon will chime in and can answer that question. He uses both PR and Alumilite and I don't remember which smell it was to say one way or the other.

I've made that blank with both resins, but I don't remember sending any alumilite versions to you Carl. So I'm pretty sure it's PR.

Top Bottom