reunion gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from unclefuzzy

unclefuzzy

Here are the pens that I am giving out at my family reunion in July. They are all cedar. The wood for them (just a log) came from my grandfathers farm just north of Nashville,Tn. He has been gone for several years and I thought that this would be a nice surprise. The family is scattered from Indiana to Costa Rica. I hope they like them.

Attachments

• 100_0396.jpg
    100_0396.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 309
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

You only got 30 kinfolk? Just kidding, they look great. I am thinking of doing something like that in silver acrylic for my 25th anniversary and giving to the wedding party.

unclefuzzy

I do have more than 30 kinfolk. It's just that I only like that many of them.:wink: Really,I am only giving them to his descendents, (my aunts and uncles), and cousins. Only the ones that are there will get one. While supplies last.

WWAtty

The fact that the wood came from your family will make those pens extra special. A very thoughtful gift--nice work! You'll be the hit of the party.

I have a family get-together coming up Memorial Day weekend and I need to crank out a bunch of pens for relatives. Unfortunately, I don't have any turning wood with family history like that, so I'll just have to use blanks already on my shelf.

BSea

Those are really cool. I've just finished some cedar pens. I think cedar is really overlooked by pen turners. Once a finish is applied, the color really comes alive. I think your family will really appreciate the thought. Especially since the wood is from your Grandfather's farm.

Top Bottom