Retro Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dudley Young

Dudley Young

Haven't done much lately. My Nikon D50 is on the blink :mad: and in the shop. My right eye :eek: is on the blink and not in the shop. Getting shots in R/eye to correct MD problem.
Anyway, turned this one today. A Retro Jr. with a Merlin Magic blank from exotic blanks. Photo the best I could do with point & shoot and impaired vision.

Attachments

• retro jr - Copy.jpg
    retro jr - Copy.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 290
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Dudley that's a nice looking Retro, I like the blank, but it sure would look nicer if you could find a background that didn't fight with the pen, Try a Fabric shop they'll usually sell a half yard of material and you can get a few pieces , Linen works nice so does Muslin , also some pieces of velour scrap work nice, but I sympathize with the camera, I killed my Nikon 5700, I've used Nikon's for 35 years I always thought they were pretty much indestructible, the film cameras were the digital's are awfully fragile, I hope you get you D50 back

Dudley Young

Dudley that's a nice looking Retro, I like the blank, but it sure would look nicer if you could find a background that didn't fight with the pen, Try a Fabric shop they'll usually sell a half yard of material and you can get a few pieces , Linen works nice so does Muslin , also some pieces of velour scrap work nice, but I sympathize with the camera, I killed my Nikon 5700, I've used Nikon's for 35 years I always thought they were pretty much indestructible, the film cameras were the digital's are awfully fragile, I hope you get you D50 back
I agree with the background. You can tell I didn't put forth much effort into this one. I normally use a white paper towel. My D50 will be back in a couple days. It was just the flash door wouldn't pop up. Thanks.

Last edited:

toolcrazy

Wow, that is a beauty. I just grabbed some of the copper Jr. Retro's from CSUSA on close out. I was a little apprehensive about the copper, but now I see it, I can't wait. The think about copper kits, you have to pick the perfect blank, or they don't look right. And you nailed it. Nice work.

Hucifer

Nice job Dudley. I love those kits. I made my PITH pen with one. The copper is awesome - with the right blank. That looks great...

Top Bottom