Retribution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

This little beauty is stainless steel, brass, alumilite and a solid silver Arriel Kullock clip. It was a real challenge to figure out how to install that clip. I carved the brass and alumilite barrel to fit the profile of the dragons tail, so the dragon tail is slightly recessed and a press fit. The tail does not wrap straight around, it curves up and down as it goes around..I really like that effect. There is no white dot on the pen or cap. No matter how many different ways I photograph it, the silver bounces off the black.

Attachments

• retribution.jpg
    retribution.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 329
  • retribution2.jpg
    retribution2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
That's a work of art Jeff. You keep outdoing yourself!!

I don't get the title, "Retribution". What am I missing?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy smokes Jeff!!!! You certainly have that ML under control!!!:biggrin:

FANTASTIC.:good::good::good:

You gonna keep it?:wink:

workinforwood

I suppose the title is more personal than anything else. The ability to overcome things that I didn't realize I could do and in return make my own skippy pens..because he sure won't make them for me!:wink: There are things in life that really drive me, and he is the biggest part of that in my life right now, so my retribution is being able to over come all the things that held me back. I feel really good...heading down the road on a path that makes it so.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
There are so many nice things about that pen Jeff. As they say revenge is sweet. You are doing great things with your new lathe. With all your talents, I am waiting for the day when clips will bear your name as well. You could call it the road less traveled. In the meantime, bask in your well deserved glory.

Rmartin

Man, you guys really set the bar high.

I've been meaning to ask about your pens for some time. I don't understand how you do what you do. Do you do the scroll work after the barrel has been turned? When I think of scroll work, I think of the cut going all the way through, but some of your pens don't seem do this. Are some of these inlays? Do you have any illustrations to show the process? If I'm asking trade secret questions I understand.

workinforwood

Man, you guys really set the bar high.

I've been meaning to ask about your pens for some time. I don't understand how you do what you do. Do you do the scroll work after the barrel has been turned? When I think of scroll work, I think of the cut going all the way through, but some of your pens don't seem do this. Are some of these inlays? Do you have any illustrations to show the process? If I'm asking trade secret questions I understand.

Thanks. I don't know about setting the bar that high, but I do know that you can download actual magazine articles about how I scroll it on my website. The fret cast article is what you need. Just think..instead of using wood to design from, in this case I used plastic. That's the only difference. The theory is all the same. It's much simpler than it looks. If you don't know anything about casting your own resins..there's an article about that there too.

Rmartin

Thanks. I don't know about setting the bar that high, but I do know that you can download actual magazine articles about how I scroll it on my website. The fret cast article is what you need. Just think..instead of using wood to design from, in this case I used plastic. That's the only difference. The theory is all the same. It's much simpler than it looks. If you don't know anything about casting your own resins..there's an article about that there too.

Thank you! I've been to your site, but didn't realize there were articles available.

Top Bottom