Retirement pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AceMrFixIt

AceMrFixIt

For a fellow Chief, not sure about the wood. Decal with 6 coats CA,mm then plastic polish.

Attachments

• baird 005.jpg
    baird 005.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 425
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GColeman

Bravo Zulu. Tell the senior chief welcome to the fleet reserve for me. I retired off the Kennedy at Mayport in 2000. It seems so long ago now. I really miss the chief's mess.

MMC (SW) Greg Coleman USN RET.

P.S. Where do you get the clips?

Andrew_K99

Very nice indeed.

Where did you get the decal, or how did you make the decal? I have a few pens that I would like to put a decal on but haven't the slightest clue where to begin.

AceMrFixIt

I print my own decals. Hobby Lobby sells decal paper where the car models are. Buy the Kit they have to get your feet wet. Then you can order other decal paper in bigger sheets. I have a ink jet printer. Make sure you get the correct paper for your printer. Any questions give me a shout.

AceMrFixIt

Bravo Zulu. Tell the senior chief welcome to the fleet reserve for me. I retired off the Kennedy at Mayport in 2000. It seems so long ago now. I really miss the chief's mess.

MMC (SW) Greg Coleman USN RET.

P.S. Where do you get the clips?

Ordered them at woodenpenpro.com

dplloyd

Nice pen!

My dad was a retired Chief. Master ship fittter on sub tenders. He did two stints from 1942 to 1963. Departed this world in 2004.

Andrew_K99

I print my own decals. Hobby Lobby sells decal paper where the car models are. Buy the Kit they have to get your feet wet. Then you can order other decal paper in bigger sheets. I have a ink jet printer. Make sure you get the correct paper for your printer. Any questions give me a shout.
Great thanks!! I will give this a try in the near future.

Do you apply CA first to get a nice level surface, then the decal, then more CA? Or just the decal then CA to finish it?

Top Bottom