Retirement gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ssajn

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
My mailman is retiring. He tells me I'm the reason he now has a bad back due to the boxes of pen supplies he keeps delivering. :eek:

So I decided to make him a pen with some of the stuff he's delivered.

This is my first attempt at making a stamp blank. The stamps are from packages he delivered over the past few months. Since I don't cast, (yet but give me time). I fixed the stamps to the tube and started building up coats of CA. How many coats? All I can say is lots, I lost count.

The kits is a Le Roi from Smitty.

Hope he likes is and that his back gets better. :biggrin:

Attachments

• stamp blank.jpg
    stamp blank.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

Dave ...Thank you very much for the idea. My mail parcel carrier , Janet, is off with a bad back and I think this would be a great gift. I will also remember my three postal workers who handle my heavy parcels too for Christmas presents.
Regards Darrell Eisner

MarkD

Great idea and great pen! I'm sure he will be grateful... for the pen not for your packages!

tbroye

Nice pen. He will appriciate it. Love the way you solved the problem on how to make it with out casting. I will use that for a future project involving a Mail delivery person.

Rick_G

He will love it. Sounds like a lot of work building that up with CA. I did that for the women working in our small town PO. They go out of their way to help whenever I go in so it only seemed right.

Top Bottom