Retirement Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Here's the box and pen I made for my boss of 11 years when he retired last month. All comments appreciated! This is my first, and only, bandsaw box so far.

20074102442_RetirementGiftCS.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

Wow. Awesome job on the box and pen look good from here. you must like your boss a lot or you are very happy he is retireing. Are you taking his desk?[:D][:D]
Alex

Draken

Originally posted by alxe24
<br />Wow. Awesome job on the box and pen look good from here. you must like your boss a lot or you are very happy he is retireing. Are you taking his desk?[:D][:D]
Alex

I like my ex-boss quite a bit, he and I are friends outside of work as well. All of us here were quite sad to see him go. I made the pen last year, right after he told me he was going to retire (before it was public knowledge). The box has been an on and off project during the rest of the time, finished it just in time for his retirement party. Messed up the flocking the first time (not enough glue) and had to redo it. The box is Bolivian Rosewood, and the Emperor is made of Lacewood. The card was made by my wife and engraving by Ken.

Lathemaster

Draken

Well done. I really like the box and the engraving.

Also small world - My first job out of college - a long time ago
was at NRL - Acoustics Division as a brand new EE.

Cheers
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom