Retirement Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichF

RichF

I am retiring from the AF after 21 years this month and had the formal ceremony this last week. I made this pen to give to the lieutenant that did the planning and coordination for my retirement ceremony.

The pen is a Jr Gent rollerball with the unit patch on the upper barrel. The lower barrel includes pilot wings and an image of the unit's aircraft (KC-10). The Lt's name (not shown) is also on the barrel below the wings.

The pen is done with water slide decals on white alumilite with red and black segments to match the colors from the unit patch. My wife wanted to claim it until she saw the name...this one is for him. I expect that he will like it. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC04041.JPG
    DSC04041.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC04044.JPG
    DSC04044.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC04045.JPG
    DSC04045.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

I don't know the lieutenant, but I could bet a lot of money - without any gamble, that he will love that beautiful writing instrument. Well done! Thank you for your service.

Tom T

That is a great pen. Very special for sure. He will really like it.
Thank you for your service to our Country and keeping us free.

Jim Burr

Banned
As said at my retirement... "Full speed ahead Lieutenant Commander. You may stand down sir!
I always hated being called "Sir". Love my men and my boat to this day.
Not knowing your rank, I'll simply offer you the same...Full speed ahead and may your course be true...and now to wipe the tear...I hate retirement!!!
God bless Rich...hope it's all the best!

turncrazy43

A fantastic pen that is sure to be appreciated forever, thanks for your service to us all and enjoy your well deserved retirement.

Top Bottom