Retailer open house introduced a new Limited Edition Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ashaw

ashaw

This is the new pen display case. Sometimes you need to think out of the box.

Pen Description:

Just unvailed the new Limited Edition Pen Don't Tread On Me in honor of Christopher Gadsden. A total of 100 pens are being produced one through four are available right now. This is a bolt action ball point pen the barrel is vintage American red/white and blue. The pen barrel is a coiled rattle snake encased in a glass dome on a walnut color base. Comes this information and COA. Retail price is $ 280.00.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DTOMpic1.jpg
    DTOMpic1.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 417
  • DTOMpic2.jpg
    DTOMpic2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 426
  • DTOMpic3.jpg
    DTOMpic3.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Good luck with orders, Alan.
As for thinking out of the box. On this occassion, I would be happier if you kept the Rattlers in the Box. Not my favourite creature.
It is hard to comment on your Pen as it is difficult to see.
IMHO, not my purchase choice, but I trust that there will be enough people of different taste to me.
Regards,
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
So for $280.00 you get the pen and the display case?. I too would like to see better pictures of the pen and find out what the blank is made of.

Dale Allen

Up until I saw the 'Phila, PA' in the avatar I would have thought the OP was from some other country because of the apparent broken English.
Also, from the first post, "The pen barrel is a coiled rattle snake"....NOT!

ashaw

The display case to a glass dome you that is normally used for watches, etc. The pen is made from Brooks Vintage American. All of my Limited Edition come with a COA. The COA contains the serial number of the pen as well as the information on the pen. The pen stand is a coiled rattlesnake. As far as more pictures the pens are at my retailers if he still has one left I will get pictures. Three have sold so far.

Thanks for looking

Joe S.

Way to high-end! Great job on marketing the limited edition-ness of your pens, the price seems like a steal from the consumer standpoint.

Marko50

I just realized who Christopher Gasden is… One of our Founding Fathers here in the USA. …So now I understand what the inspiration is for this piece. :wink:

dexter0606

The display case to a glass dome you that is normally used for watches, etc. The pen is made from Brooks Vintage American. All of my Limited Edition come with a COA. The COA contains the serial number of the pen as well as the information on the pen. The pen stand is a coiled rattlesnake. As far as more pictures the pens are at my retailers if he still has one left I will get pictures. Three have sold so far.

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the reply
But I'm still not sure what makes it collectable?
Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to understand the marketing. It's really just a piece of readily available acrylic on readily available pen hardware and doesn't seem to have any ties to anything historic except for the engraving :confused::confused::confused:

Quality Pen

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the reply
Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to understand the marketing. It's really just a piece of readily available acrylic on readily available pen hardware and doesn't seem to have any ties to anything historic except for the engraving :confused::confused::confused:
I guess you have to see it as some form of art... I mean, what's a painting after all? Readily available paint on readily available canvas readily available for purchase. But someone has to create something of it all. And someone has to appreciate all of that enough to part with their money.

JohnGreco

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the reply

It's not so much what was made, it's who made it.

ashaw

This idea actually came from one of my customers at the Balitmore Pen Show. It was a way to tie the bolt action to the snake stand to tell a story.

vakmere

Thats how I see it, a form of art. Imagination, art, outside the box thinking, doing something different. Going with the idea and make it happen. This guy put a lot of time and effort into this one. I dont care what blank, kit, or how many different camera angles of the pen is needed. I've seen limited editions put on Musicman and Fender bass giutars and they dont sound any different than the regular ones. Marketing is marketing. The sale of this item is in the beholders taste. I work at an art museun so I get it. Now, if you can get the pen out of the case and not get a rattler bite...........:wink:

Last edited:

southernclay

It is a subtle combo IMO but a nice one, I love the idea.

The real question is did you catch the snakes or buy a snake kit....can't call it custom if you didn't catch the snake yourself! :biggrin:

Nice job, hope the sales continue to go well.

dexter0606

The real question is did you catch the snakes or buy a snake kit....can't call it custom if you didn't catch the snake yourself! :biggrin:

PSI sell these. Not real snakes. Thank goodness!!

Attachments

• Snake stand.jpg
    Snake stand.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 106

rd_ab_penman

PSI sell these. Not real snakes. Thank goodness!!

Unfortunately the snakes head and in particular the fangs are not very realistic.
The fangs are blunted compared to the real thing.

Les

Attachments

• Rattesnake Head.jpg
    Rattesnake Head.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom