Results for the potential blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

This would have looked better with out the inlay or if I would have preped for it before turning. But the potential is there:D There is enough left for a closed end Baron when I get brave[:p]
PotentialblankresultaSmall.jpg

PotentialblankresultbSmall.jpg

PotentialblankresultcSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Well, well, well....

I stand corrected; It looks much better than I thought it would.

Good job Jim.

woodscavenger

I agree, ditch the inlay. The laminations speak volumes for themselves. I would also center one of the diamond patterns in the pen. Great job. The potential it huge.

dubdrvrkev

You have got a lot more patience than I do that is for sure. It looks great the SW look is pretty popular, that should be a great seller in the right market. I'm not a fan of the SW look in general (even though I live here) but it is a great pen and I agree with Shane, the potential is huge.

Fangar

While I am impressed by your outstanding workmanship on this blank, the design does not work for me. The inlays to my eye are out of place and don't flow with the pen. I would like to see that one without them though.

Thanks for the before and afters with the blank.

Fangar

elody21

Wonderful lamination!!!!!!!! I agree I would like it better without the inlay. Great job!!!

wayneis

Well I believe that you are on to something. I would not give up on the inlay but I would try something smaller and a different shape more in line with your desigh. The round dots don't blend in well because you have no round shapes in the design, also they are not centered. There are plenty of shapes that are more associated with southwest and thats what I would research. The other thing I would do is use one of the kits in platinum or chrome, when I was in the gift business silver was much more popular than gold hardware when it came to southwest merchandise.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom